SWARE - Sustainable heritage management of WAterway REgions
- Phase 1 30 Months 01. 04. 2016 – 30. 09. 2018
- Phase 2 24 Months 01. 10. 2018 – 30. 09. 2020
Programme: Interreg Europe Programme
Lead partner: Association Regio Water (Netherlands)
Partner countries: Ireland, Italy, Slovakia, Latvia, Netherlands
Partner budget: 153,732.00 € (ERDF 130,672.20 €)
Project budget: 1,365,338.00 € (ERDF 1,160,537.30 €)
- Association Regio Water (Netherlands), lead partner
- Tipperary County Council (Ireland)
- Metropolitan City of Milan (Italy)
- Pons Danubii European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (Slovakia)
- Vidzeme Planning Region (Latvia)
- Province of Zuid-Holland (Netherlands)
What is SWARE?
A project in the Interreg Europe 2014-2020 programme, which improves synergy between culture and nature heritage protection and sustainable development in inland waterway regions. The growing number of visitors to inland waterway regions causes tensions with heritage conservation. The main objective of the SWARE project is to foster integrated management of natural and cultural heritage within inland waterway regions by improving the partner regions’ related policy instruments in order to create a better balance between the protection and sustainable exploitation of the natural resources and the built heritage sites.
What will we do?
• Analysis of situation in each partner region
• Good practice and knowledge transfer
• Development of Action plans to improve respective policy instruments
• Implementation and monitoring of Action plans
What will we achieve?
• Better balance between the protection and sustainable exploitation of the natural resources and the built heritage sites
• More effective, integrated regional heritage management
• Stimulated stakeholder commitment related to sustainable heritage valorisation
• Increased engagement of inhabitants towards protecting and promoting the environmental/ cultural values of their localities
More information on: www.interregeurope.eu/sware